A practical guide for parents and teachers
Interactive e-book or hardcopy
eBook: US $19.80
Hardcopy: US $60.00
All children with hearing loss should have access to resources and be exposed to an environment where they can learn to listen and develop spoken language. With age-appropriate language development, children with hearing loss can attend and succeed in mainstream schools. It all starts with empowering parents and teachers on how to work with a child with hearing loss.
The aim of this book is to eliminate misconceptions about children with hearing loss – specifically that children with a hearing loss cannot learn spoken language or be accommodated in a mainstream school.
- Ear and hearing
- Hearing tests: Diagnosis of a hearing loss
- Amplification technology: Helping my child hear
- Listening and language development
- Pre-school: Literacy and numeracy
- Inclusive education laws and principles
- Teaching methods
- Additional support for academic success
- Music and child development
- Case study: Eduplex
The interactive e-book consists of reading and interactive material. The e-book can be purchased as a downloadable PDF or ordered as a hardcover book.
Electronic Copy / Downloadable PDF
- Reading materials downloadable as a PDF. Access to reading material requires Adobe PDF.
- Interactive content (videos, animations, quizzes, etc.) is accessed through URL links embedded onto the PDF document. Requires reliable internet connection.
- Reading materials ordered and received as a hardcopy.
- Interactive content (videos, animations, quizzes, etc.) is provided on a USB memory stick. Use of a laptop or computer is required.